1. Personal Data Protection Policy
Ecovis Malaysia PLT, 201404001750 (LLP0003185-LCA) & AF 001825, our subsidiaries and affiliates, are dedicated to safeguarding your privacy in compliance with Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA). This Policy describes:
- the type of personal data we collect and how we collect it
- how we use your personal data
- the parties that we reveal the personal data to; and
- the options we have, including how to access and update your personal information
2. Personal Data We May Collect from You
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- When you visit our website, make an enquiry, order publications or request more information, you may be asked to provide some personal data such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. In the event you decide to provide personal data, this policy will apply.
- recording of calls placed by you to our customer services
- function or post when you commence a business relationship with us
- resume or CVs when you apply job opportunity with us.
While no personal data is exposed to us during general web browsing, our internet service provider provides us with technical and statistical details such as cookies, your IP address, and the time, date, and length of your visit.
By sending any personal data relating to a third party to us (e.g., information about your partner, children, parents, and/or employees), you indicate to us that you have obtained the third party’s consent to provide us with their personal data for the purposes listed below.
3. Use of Personal Data Collected
You acknowledge that we may use your private information for the following purposes, as allowed by applicable law:
- to verify your identity
- to manage and maintain your account or contract with us
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the services
- to provide and improve our services to you including fulfilling audit requirements, billing for services, and facilitating payments
- to carry out your instructions or to respond to any enquiries, complaints, comments or feedbacks that you have submit to us
- to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us
- to compile information for analysis and in reports for relevant regulatory authorities
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreements with us
- to update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records
- to administer competitions, contests, offers, or promotions
- to produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us
- to assess financial and insurance risks
- to conduct surveys, questionnaire, and provide you with information from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to engage in business transactions in respect of services to be offered and provided to you
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or industry codes that applies to us
- for internal management of the services being provided to you
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
- to provide training for our staff
- to conduct marketing and information technology activities (for example, market research)
- to persons who have been identified as being you or your authorised representative(s) pursuant, for the purpose of the relevant transaction or enquiry
- to third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us (such as analysis on our behalf) for any of the purposes described above. Where we disclose your personal data to third parties, we shall ensure that such data is used only to provide services to us
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
4. With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
For your information, we may be required to report information about you to the following third parties as part of providing you with our services and the management or activity of the same:
- federal or state government
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- our regulators
- companies or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers or professional consultant
- companies or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with services that you have requested
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal data
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
- any credit reporting agencies or in the event of default, any debt collection agencies subject to the permitted law applicable to us.
5. How We Maintain the Integrity of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date.
6. Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Data
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (except where compliance with the request to such access or correction is refused under the Act or subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date and therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly.
Please provide proof of your identity, addresses and sufficient information to enable us to identify you when submitting your request to us. On receipt of your written request, we may comply or refuse your request to access or rectify your personal information. If we refuse, we will notify you of the reasons for such refusal.
We may decide to impose a charge upon the individual to cover the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
7. How Long We Will Keep Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data in compliance with this Policy and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with Ecovis Malaysia or its subsidiaries or affiliates for the duration of your relationship with us. We will not keep personal data for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently delete the personal data if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was to be processed.
8. How We Protect and Safeguard Your Personal Data
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and keep your personal data secured. This requires adhering to our security protocols (like checking your identity when you call us). We may include links to other websites; however, we are not responsible for their privacy policies, procedures, or content.
9. Transfer Your Personal Data Outside Malaysia
Any personal data which you provided to us, will be treated with the highest standards of security strictly in accordance with the PDPA Act 2010. We may be required to move your personal data outside Malaysia, if any of our service providers or business partners involved in providing part of a service are located outside Malaysia.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any such service provider or business partner is contractually bound not to use your personal data for any reason other than providing the services they contract with us to provide and to adequately protect your personal data.
10. Your Consent
11. Our Contact Details
Ecovis Malaysia or its subsidiaries and affiliates is devoted to securing your personal data. If you have any questions or comments about Ecovis Malaysia’s administration of personal data relating to accounting, assurance, tax, and any other kind of advisory services, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or reach us at 603-7981 1799. If you have any concerns or suggestions regarding this Policy, we would be glad to hear from you.