Assurance Senior Associate
The Assurance Senior Associate will contribute technical insights to audit client engagements and internal projects. He shall actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute complex assurance procedures. He will be working under the supervision of an assurance manager or senior manager, and helps execute audit work and present its findings to the client.
With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, escalates issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, he will determine whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines. As an influential member of the team, he will help to create a positive learning culture, will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop professionally and personally.
- Assist in planning multiple audit assignments in Trading, Construction, Non-profit Organisation, Manufacturing, Plantation and various industries;
- Able to prepare consolidation of financial statements and complete audit of public interest entities independently;
- Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles (e.g MPERS/MFRS and ISA), quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments
- Participate in client assignments from beginning to end including performing audit field works, document and compiling audit working papers and collect sufficient audit evidences in order to assist senior in accomplishing whole audit assignment;
- Carry out audit related special assignment or agreed upon procedures when necessary.
- Drafting audited financial statements in accordance with the applicable approved accounting standards and the Companies Act, 2016.
- Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities with other senior associates, managers and partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct;
- Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on Ecovis MALAYSIA PLT’s audit methodology.
- Have a university degree in Accounting or Finance, or those with a full or partial professional qualification (MICPA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICA, ICAA, CPA(A) or CIMA);
- With minimum 2 years of working experiences in the related field;
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Knowledge in ProSystem fx Engagement is an advantage;
- Self-motivated, positive attitude;
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others;
- Team players who are also able to work well independently and under a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Willingness to learn and travel.